Meeting 6 July 2021
Cooper Smout Dawn Liu Holford Paola Masuzzo
- Cooper to outline broad vision for project, including rating database, impact algorithms, other algorithms, financial rewards
- Cooper’s questions:
- Include/ remove editorial position in proposed model?
- Require authors to sign over copyright prior to getting ratings?
- Begin paying team using community-rated valuation of contributions? How to record contributions (time-based, Git-based)? How/when to valuate contributions (weekly, monthly)?
Preprint rating database
- History of ideas, including SIPS2020 Unconference
- What do we want to get out of the eLife Sprint?
- Clarify skills of the core team and what skills we are lacking
- Discuss how eLife Sprint will work – could look through Hidden Preprints doc and Github
- Discuss expectations for how people will interact at Sprint – begin draft of CoC?
- Discuss plan moving forward – share position paper with google group?